1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 17, 2005 3:32 PM by adrian.brock

ManagedConnectionPool destroyed, then cannot be re-created

I'm using JBoss 3.2.6. I occasionaly have a problem where the ManagedConnectionPool is destroyed. Then when my application tries to get a database connection JBoss appears to try and recreate the ManageConnectionPool, but fails.

Here is some relavent output show it fail to re-create:

DEBUG [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedCon
      nectionPool] Started jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionPool,name=RxHubTxDS
      2005-01-09 10:04:05,851 ERROR

[org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionMan
      ager] Starting failed jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=RxHubTxDS
      java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnection
       Manager
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.startService
       ()V(BaseConnectionManager2.java:312)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.startService()V
      (TxConnectionManager.java:272)

I tried to track down line 312 in the BaseConnectionManager2 to see what might cause the ClassCastException but that just gives me:
       {
       throw new DeploymentException("cached ConnectionManager not found: " +
      ccmName);

That leads me to believe that for some reason the CachedConnectionManager is not being destoryed.

Any ideas?

-Dave

• 1. Re: ManagedConnectionPool destroyed, then cannot be re-creat

The CCM is global and will only be destroyed if you redeploy transaction-service.xml

Most likely you have redeployed jboss-jca.sar which also requires redeployment
          of transaction-service.xml (transaction-service.xml uses classes from jboss-jca.sar).

In JBoss4 this problem has gone away as those classes are not hotdeployed.