1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2006 7:53 AM by adrian.brock

Setting options for pooling of non JMS MDBs

brvdboss

Hello all,

I'v written a JCA (1.5) which will listen for SIP Messages comming in from the network. For this I used the JAIN SIP stack (https://jain-sip.dev.java.net/) and wrapped it in the RA.
      The MessageDriven Beans implement my own SIPMessageListenerInterface and receive and process all events as I want to.

I wanted to set the number of MDBs in the pool listening for these events, as can be done with MDBs listening on JMS Topics/Queues.

Therefore I inserted a section like this in my jboss.xml;
      for the <message-driven> -part :

<configuration-name>SIP Proxy MDB</configuration-name>

and the following container configuration.

<container-configurations>
       <container-configuration>
       <container-name>SIP Proxy MDB</container-name>
       <instance-pool>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstancePool</instance-pool>
       <container-pool-conf>
       <MinimumSize>1</MinimumSize>
       <MaximumSize>10</MaximumSize>
       </container-pool-conf>
       </container-configuration>
       </container-configurations>

When I deploy the RA and the MDB I get the following output:
      18:13:08,884 INFO [EjbModule] Deploying SIP_Proxy
      18:13:08,931 WARN [EjbModule] There are no interceptors configured. Check the standardjboss.xml file
      18:13:09,166 WARN [JMSContainerInvoker] No message-driven-destination given; using; guessing type
      18:13:09,166 WARN [JMSContainerInvoker] Could not determine destination type, defaults to: javax.jms.Topic
      18:13:09,182 WARN [JMSContainerInvoker] destination not found: topic/SIP_Proxy reason: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: SIP_Proxy not bound
      18:13:09,182 WARN [JMSContainerInvoker] creating a new temporary destination: topic/SIP_Proxy
      18:13:09,213 INFO [SIP_Proxy] Bound to JNDI name: topic/SIP_Proxy
      18:13:09,339 INFO [EJBDeployer] Deployed: file:/D:/jboss/4.0.3/server/default/deploy/proxyBean.jar

For some reason, it is assumed it's a MDB listening to a JMS Topic (Which is created) because there's no destination found. However, I believe I don't need that message-driven-destination as it is JMS specific?

Or is this a wrong assumption. So my question is, how can I configure the pool-size for non-JMS MDBs. Or does this require additional support from me programatically (in the JCA-RA or some other part of my code)?

Kind Regards,
      Bruno