the Full Exception is :
SQlException: Connection handle is not currently associated with a ManagedConnection
It means you are trying to use a connection after you closed it
(or it was closed internally because of a previous error).
I know that this is the problem,
what I dont understand is why this is happing.
the only way I'm getting a connection is throw dataSource and i checked that all my connections are closed I also flushed all the connections to be sure of that but I'm still get this problem.
OK i understand this are the details:
1. I'm running on jboss 4.0.1 - this is a production app so I can't upgrade it.
2. the OS is linux redhat 3 ES.
3. the database is Oracle 9i running on a HPUX server.
4. the JDK is 1.4.2.06
the problem is in every sunday, the DB is shuting down for backup and after the DB is up again we are getting this exception (not all the time but every 4 times avg.)
The main direction we think of is that the application is holding a connection and when the Db is down the connection is still active in the pool but not connected to the db but the problem is that we flush the db and saw in the jmx-console that there are no connection open and still we get this exception
You only answered question 1 of 34!
I created that page such that I wouldn't have to make 4 posts to a thread
to get the most logging, config, etc.
You've had your chance.
This is not an answer, sorry.
I cannot take out thr logs because my organization is using diffrent closed network.
the problem is very simple and this is not the first time that this happend.
I also looked in the forums and i found few questions about it but no answers.
lets say that the application is holding a connection while the DB is going down:
1. does jboss test the connection before giving it to the application or just give it without checking?
2. does it get the exception from the application and then close the connection or maybe never close the connection?
3. when I flush the pool jboss should close all the free open connections, and close every connection that was taken when it is free again?
I see that adrian dont want to help me so if anyone else got any idea or just simple answers for my questions i'll be very happy