1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2006 10:08 AM by weston.price

Configuring Oracle as <tx-connection-factory>

carlsen

I am trying to migrate my application from using Firebird to Oracle.

Today I use the following configuration in my EAR project and it works fine:

<connection-factories>
       <tx-connection-factory>
       <jndi-name>DatasourceNameDS</jndi-name>
       <xa-transaction/>

<!-- Apparently this will fix the failure to delist resource?!-->
       <track-connection-by-tx/>

<!-- Hmmm maybe not?! Other report the following to fix the NPE ?!-->
       <idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>

<!-- Thought I'd share our experience that looks very, very similar. We worked around the issue by setting <idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
      on each datasource. Haven't had a problem since. (It's been about 10 months). -->
       <adapter-display-name>Firebird Database Connector</adapter-display-name>

<rar-name>jaybird-2.0.1.rar</rar-name>
       <connection-definition>javax.sql.DataSource</connection-definition>

<config-property name="Database" type="java.lang.String">dbserver/3050:c:/somedatabase.gdb</config-property>

<user-name>username</user-name>

<password>password</password>

<min-pool-size>0</min-pool-size>
       <check-valid-connection-sql>SELECT CAST(1 as INTEGER) FROM rdb$database</check-valid-connection-sql>

<!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional) -->
       <metadata>
       <type-mapping>Firebird</type-mapping>
       </metadata>

</tx-connection-factory>

</connection-factories>

Now I want to configure Oracle as a tx connection factory, but how do I do that? I haven't been able to find any examples about it. I hope someone can help me. I already tried configuring Oracle using the example configurations provided with JBoss, but while I can use those to connect to the database, they result in me getting connection factory deployment errors on startup, and I assume that has something to do with the fact, that I need to configure Oracle as a connection factory, just like I did with Firebird.