2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2006 12:54 PM by Marc Reis

    [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Destroying connection

    Marc Reis Novice

      I have been using AS 4.0.4.GA for a while and never seen the following warning.
      I updated the JBossCache lately from 1.4.0GA to 1.4.0.SP1, that is the only thing that I can thing of at the moment that could be related.
      I am not sure if this is the cause or if this is the correct place to ask (JCA, JBossCache, or TX?). At first shoot, I didn't realy find any usefull info in the forum or doc's, so please feel free to point me to the correct starting point.
      I also posted this at the transactions thread, but havent received any feedback.

      [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Destroying connection that could not be successfully matched: org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$TxConnectionEventListener@16998b9[state=NORMAL mc=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnection@92e1b2 handles=0 lastUse=1158079794828 permit=false trackByTx=false tcp=org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$OnePo
      ol@1fa4f8d context=org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool@7cb926 xaResource=org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$LocalXAResource@11fa7e2 txSync=null]
      


      Sincerly

      Marc

        • 1. Re: [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Destroying connection
          Weston M. Price Master

          Typically this message can be explained by:

          http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=StrangePoolingConnectionsDestroyed

          However, connections failing validation could also produce this condtion. Could you post your *-ds.xml file?

          • 2. Re: [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Destroying connection
            Marc Reis Novice

            Sure !

            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            
            <datasources>
            <!-- ===================================================================== -->
            <!-- -->
            <!-- ORADB -->
            <!-- -->
            <!-- ===================================================================== -->
             <local-tx-datasource>
             <jndi-name>/jdbc/ORADB</jndi-name>
             <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@ora.somewhere.de:1521:oradb</connection-url>
             <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
             <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
             <metadata>
             <type-mapping>Oracle</type-mapping>
             </metadata>
             </local-tx-datasource>
            </datasources>
            

            After reading your anserer, I have tried around a bit more and now dont get the Message to show up again.
            If performance could be a cause, then this might have had to to with the old maschine I was using before (JBoss started in Eclipse).
            The weird thing is that it showed with the first call, before any output came form the invoked bean and that I didnt see it before. I would have expected it to show up at a later point after some invokations and also the -ds.xml are one of the things that have been extremley consistent :-).
            I noticed in a different config, that I used the type mapping Oracle9i rather than just Oracle, but I have tried both today with the same result (no destroying).
            I'll test some more to see if it is really gone...

            Thanks for your fast reply !

            Sincerely

            Marc