1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 10, 2006 2:16 AM by wmprice

Hints need:

gleb.gadyatskiy

Hi All!

I tried to deploy Jackrabbit on JBoss with JCA, using "JackrabbitOnJBoss" (http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss)

I took from SVN the latest sources of Jackrabbit, rebuilt it by Maven and did all steps from aforementioned instruction. Unfortunately, I always get

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: couldn't get oldRarDeployment! jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='jackrabbit-jca-1.1-SNAPSHOT.rar'; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: ConnectionDefinition 'javax.jcr.Session' not found in rar 'jackrabbit-jca-1.1-SNAPSHOT.rar')

I use JBoss AS 4.0.4.GA with the EJB 3.0 profile selected using the JEMS installer (for JBoss Seam).

Can anybody help me in this issue? Thank you in advance.

Best regards.
      Gleb.

• 1. Re: Hints need:

Most likely JackRabbit is relying on the javax.jcr.* classes that are not deployed to JBoss by default. They don't seem to be included in the JackRabit RAR as well. JackRabbit defines this as it's connection-defintion. Since we can't find it, we can't create the connection.

Verify where these classes are supposed to exist in the JackRabbit documentation. There is usually one of two places:

1) The server/lib directory
          2) Inside the RAR