1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2007 11:26 AM by adrian.brock

related to *-service.xml

Hi,

I am migrating an JCA application which is working on Weblogic 8.1.4 to JBOSS 4.0.0.I have created two files infranet-ds.xml and ra.xml.But it is throwing an exception when i tried to deploy.when i browsed some sample applications i found *-service.xml file is also needed for deploying.

Is it compulsory to have *-service.xml file?

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: related to *-service.xml

"tpawankumar" wrote:
          i browsed some sample applications i found *-service.xml file is also needed for deploying.

I guess it is for those samples, but since you don't say what those samples are
          how are we supposed to know?

If you don't want sarcastic answers then post questions with some real content
          instead of random unqualified sentences. Ever heard of GIGO?

By real content I mean an answerable question is something like:
          I did what it said according to this link {url-here}, here's my version
          {relevent-snippet here},
          here's my packaging {jar -tf something.xar}
          here is the log from when I deployed it {snippet-here from log/server.log with DEBUG
          and preferably TRACE logging enabled}
          here is the FULL stacktrace of the error message I get when it deployed
          (not just the summary at the end of all the incomplete deployments/errors you made)
          etc.

P.S. Why are you migrating to 4.0.0 (years old) when the latest release is 4.2.1?