I have installed all the above, they seem to work ok except the Apache and Tomcat hookup. Here are the steps I took and the result:
1. After installing Tomcat+JBoss package and setting it up so that I can go to myhost:8080/test (test being the webapp from tomcat that I "jar cvf test.war *;mv test.war $JBOSS_HOME/deploy")
2. installed mod_wepapp-1.0-eapi.so into Apache modules dir
3. edited http.conf
Defined: ServerName myhost
LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
4. restart JBoss, then Apache.
5. Go to myhost/web-appinfo/ got a WebApp Library Configuration table
6. Go to myhost/test get Web-application not yet deployed
I tried to define a Context in server.xml but I didn't think that would be necessary, since it's being deployed from jboss/deploy/test.war, right?
Now why am I getting Web_application not deployed? The WebApp Library Configuration table says:
Application Name "test"
Root URL Path "/test"
Local Deployment Path No local deployment path
Configuration Details "Application ID: -1"
Connection "conn" (details)
Deployed "test" FALSE