see the messages. Using echo statements in catalina.bat,
      I know that it dies executing the last statement that
      invokes the bootstrap command.,
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks
      Vish

• 1. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
          joelvogt

do you mean you are trying to start tomcat without starting jboss as well? If you want both you should use the run_with_catalina.bat in jboss/jboss/bin. If you just want tomcat standalone probably best to download it as a standalone product from apache

• 2. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
            louisma

I run into the same problem.My configuration is jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3. I run D:\jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3\bin\run.bat,all things are good.but I can't browse http://localhost:8080,while do well with http://localhost:8082.

How can I use tomcat4.0.3?

• 3. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
              joelvogt

have you got anything deployed to see at 8080?

• 4. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
                bflood

The examples are not deployed by default (even though they appear under Catalina).

You should go to the examples directory and type:

jar -cvf examples.war

Then put in the folowing directory (substituting the proper base directory):

%JBOSS%\server\default\deploy

It will deploy automatically. Note that the name of the war file is significant as part of the URL so if you called the war tomcat_examples.war, you would have to type "http://localhost:8080/tomcat_examples/jsp".

You are supposed to be able to modify web.xml and add a display_name element to change the URL base but it doesn't take in JBoss.

Hope that helps...

bill

• 5. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
                  cicerpjoe

Hi there
                  I do not know if it works on your configuration, but on my settings I get a normal html page running with this apporach on port 8083, but no jsp or servlets are working.
                  Let me know what I am making wrong.
                  Thx pat

• 6. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
                    davepatterson

In response to Louisma's post:

run.bat does not start tomcat if you are using the tomcat bundle. Try run-with-catalina.bat

Dave P.

• 7. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
                      rawness

Hello all!
                      I'm a newbie to JBoss and I'm experiencing some similar startup problems. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I've set up a directory called JSPExamples in %JBOSS%\server\default\deploy. Inside this directory I have a hello.jsp file and a WEB-INF directory with a web.xml in it. When I run JBoss and go to port 8080 (http://localhost:8080/JspExamples/hello.jsp) I get the error - "Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request". Also, when I run JBoss I get the following log:
                      13:53:40,076 INFO [MainDeployer] Successfully completed deployment of package: file:/C:/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.
                      0.3/server/default/deploy/ejb-management.jar
                      13:53:40,076 INFO [MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/C:/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/def
                      ault/deploy/jmx-ejb-adaptor.jar
                      13:53:40,154 INFO [EjbModule] Creating
                      13:53:40,185 INFO [EjbModule] Deploying jmx/ejb/Adaptor
                      13:53:40,201 INFO [EjbModule] Created
                      13:53:40,201 INFO [EjbModule] Starting
                      13:53:40,216 INFO [EjbModule] Started
                      13:53:40,216 INFO [MainDeployer] Successfully completed deployment of package: file:/C:/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.
                      0.3/server/default/deploy/jmx-ejb-adaptor.jar
                      13:53:40,216 INFO [MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/C:/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/def
                      ault/deploy/JspExamples/
                      13:53:40,216 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployment of package: file:/C:/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/depl
                      oy/JspExamples/ is waiting for an appropriate deployer.

13:53:40,232 INFO [URLDeploymentScanner] Started
                      13:53:40,232 INFO [MainDeployer] Successfully completed deployment of package: file:/C:/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.
                      0.3/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml
                      13:53:40,232 INFO [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [3.0.0 Date:200205311035] Started in 0m:11s:735ms

I can get the static pages to appear on port 8083 (http://localhost:8083/hello.jsp).

Any suggestions on what I'm doin wrong?
                      Thanks,
                      Dom

• 8. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
                        dudoes

I support you use the newest version,JBOSS3.0.1RC1/Tomcat4.0.4 downloadable from"http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866&release_id=97289".

double press the /bin/run.bat, all is OK.

• 9. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
                          sash31

Where abouts is the run-with-catalina.bat file located?

Regards, Stephen

• 10. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
                            gabrielf

Hi: I just downloaded jboss-3.0.0-tomcat_4.0.3 and there is no run-with-catalina bat. In fact there is no jboss/jboss folder, so I am afraid I may be missing something.
                            Any help?

• 11. Re: Starting problems with Tomcat with JBoss3
                              dudoes

No, you miss nothing.

just as my post before , /bin/run.bat is used to start up Jboss and Tomcat at the same time.

in other words, Tomcat4 start up along with Jboss4.