2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2002 1:00 AM by manish_anand_iiit

dynamic addtion/deletion of resources

manish_anand_iiit

Hi,
      I am trying to develop a java client to Dynamically add / delete resources on the JBoss server.

Is it possible to do this using the MBean Model ? If yes, please suggest the url where I can find the information or a code snippet would be of great help.

One more question .. Will the information(data sources, security info etc...) given through the MBeans be persisted, so that I need not bind then agains whenever the server is restarted !!

Thanks in advance,
      Manish.

• 1. Re: dynamic addtion/deletion of resources
          marc.fleury

yes use MBeans for that,

the information is persisted in the XML files you give it.

take a look at the basic mbeans we ship with any default installation you can ship it as SAR, base XML you can even boot it on the network.

To deploy a service, package it like the example and drop the file in the deploy directory remove it when you are done

• 2. Re: dynamic addtion/deletion of resources
            manish_anand_iiit

Thanks for your reply,

I had tried using the MBeans but no where in the documentation(3.0 quick start guide) did I find way to remotely access MBean.

I tried using the following bit of code to start off with:

javax.management.j2ee.ManagementHome home = (javax.management.j2ee.ManagementHome)context.lookup("ejb/mgmt/MEJB");

javax.management.j2ee.Management remote = (javax.management.j2ee.Management)home.create();

remote.getMBeanInfo(ObjectName objectname)

And whenever I try to run it I get the following error
            java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments
            at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245)
            at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
            at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122)
            at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.invoke(JRMPInvokerProxy.java:128)

Can anyone help me with the lookup and accessing part of the MBeans to bind data resources ?

Thanks for your time,

cheers,
            manish.