I wnat to get the much touted performance gains from having servlets AND ejb's run in the same virtual machine. (E.g. MyServlet--calls--MyEntityEJBLocal.do();)
Can a JBoss guru PLEASE give code snippets or guidance for:
1) any/all required ejb-jar.xml elements
2) any/all required jboss.xml elements
3) any/all required web.xml elements
4) any/all required jboss-web.xml elements
5) servlet code snippet showing how to JNDI find and access the entity local interface. (e.g. ... ctx.lookup(" ... ");)
Your help is greatly appreciated.
P.S. I know about session-facade-over-entitites pattern but this should be less important with servlet and ejb containers in the same VM - right?
> P.S. I know about session-facade-over-entitites
> pattern but this should be less important with
> servlet and ejb containers in the same VM - right?
I know nothing about JBoss specifically, but this isn't (or shouldn't be) a JBoss-specific issue...you still need the session facade to keep multiple operations within a single transaction.