2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2002 8:38 PM by Joel Vogt

Struts can't find Class using JBoss

Andy Lloyd Newbie

I am new to Struts and JBossand have run into issues cutting over from Tomcat 4.0.4 to JBoss/Tomcat 3.0/4.0.

I had a sample Struts app that was working in standalone Tomcat, but when I deploy it to JBoss (through a WAR file) Struts is unable to load my classes. If I reference my classes from a JSP file everything loads/runs correctly, but if I try to use Struts I get the ClassNotFound error shown below.

I suspect it may have something to do with the way I am preparing my WAR file, but I have not been able to track down the issue.

I am happy to provide any other information that is relevant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13:24:41,938 ERROR [Engine] action: Error creating Action instance for path '/list', class name 'com.arteric.actions.ListDVDAction'
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.arteric.actions.ListDVDAction
      at org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedLoaderRepository.loadClass(UnifiedLoaderRepository.java:152)
      at org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader.loadClass(UnifiedClassLoader.java:285)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:262)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:322)
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:130)
      at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionCreate(ActionServlet.java:1630)

......snip.......