4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2002 11:54 PM by matthew

chap11 example take2

matthew Newbie

Ok, now Im using the run_mailer.bat file and here are a couple of the exceptions I'm getting:

The first one in the log is:
      [15:12:26,997,ConfigurationService] Could not create MBean Management:service=Collector(org.jboss.management.ServerDataCollector)
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.management.ServerDataCollector

the second right on the heels:
      at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:106)
      [15:12:27,067,ConfigurationService] Could not create MBean DefaultDomain:service=EmbeddedTomcat(org.jboss.tomcat.EmbeddedTomcatServiceSX)
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.tomcat.EmbeddedTomcatServiceSX

coming in at a respectable third is:
      [15:12:28,229,JaasSecurityManagerService] Stopped
      javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: Security:name=DefaultLoginConfig

followed closely by our fourth place contestant:
      [15:12:28,229,ConfigurationService] Unexpected error
      javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: Security:name=DefaultLoginConfig

Now since these are occurring in pairs I'm hoping that fixing two of them will result in actually fixing all four.

Any help is appreciated,
      Matt

• 1. Re: chap11 example take2
          matthew Newbie

Well I have managed to get rid of a couple exceptions, now there are only two remaining. The first is in the PersistenceManager.
          Here is what I get:

[19:09:30,436,StateManager] Starting
          [19:09:30,496,StateManager] Started
          [19:09:30,496,PersistenceManager] Starting
          [19:09:30,596,PersistenceManager] Stopped
          java.lang.NullPointerException
          at org.jboss.mq.pm.rollinglogged.PersistenceManager.restore(PersistenceManager.java:489)
          at org.jboss.mq.pm.rollinglogged.PersistenceManager.startService(PersistenceManager.java:276)
          at org.jboss.util.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:103)

The next occurs after MailCheckTask runs:

[19:10:35,540,Connection] PING
          [19:10:35,540,Connection] PONG, serverIL=org.jboss.mq.il.oil.OILServerIL@5b0333
          [19:10:35,570,NewMailService] MailCheckTask running
          [19:10:35,570,OILServerILService] Client request resulted in a server exception:
          at org.jboss.mq.pm.rollinglogged.PersistenceManager.add(PersistenceManager.java:309)
          at org.jboss.mq.server.PersistentQueue.addMessage(PersistentQueue.java:36)
          at org.jboss.mq.server.JMSQueue.addMessage(JMSQueue.java:100)
          at org.jboss.mq.server.JMSServer.addMessage(JMSServer.java:280)
          at org.jboss.mq.server.JMSServer.addMessage(JMSServer.java:265)
          at org.jboss.mq.il.oil.OILServerILService.run(OILServerILService.java:262)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
          [19:10:35,570,NewMailService] Failed to send CHECK_NEW_MSGS_CMD
          org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Cannot send a message to the JMS server
          at org.jboss.mq.Connection.sendToServer(Connection.java:670)
          at org.jboss.mq.SpySession.sendMessage(SpySession.java:478)
          at org.jboss.mq.SpyQueueSender.send(SpyQueueSender.java:103)
          at org.jboss.mq.SpyQueueSender.send(SpyQueueSender.java:64)
          at org.jboss.chap11.mail.NewMailService$MailCheckTask.run(NewMailService.java:133)
          at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:435)
          at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:385)
          linked exception is:
          <<no stack trace available>>
          [19:10:45,274,STDOUT] Shutting down
          [19:10:45,284,ServiceControl] Stopping 41 MBeans

IF anyone could shed any light on how I can remedy these I would appreciate it.
          Thanks,
          Matt

• 2. Re: chap11 example take2
            Joel Vogt Master

try changing your persistance manager from rollinglogged to file (in jboss.jcml). File is slower but stable so hopefully will give you something more to work with

• 3. Re: chap11 example take2
              matthew Newbie

Well I had everything working except for the nullpointer exception I got when got the following error:

[21:52:08,913,MailHandlerMDB] checkForNewMsgs, username=mhandwork
              [21:52:08,943,IMsgManagerObjectFactory] IMsgManagerObjectFactory, lookup name=imap
              [21:52:10,826,MailHandlerMDB] New msg check failure, account=MailServer = mail.3eti.com
              MailServerProtocol = imap
              MailProtocolPort = 0
              MailFolders[0] = --NULL--
              Username = mhandwork
              Password = --HIDDEN--
              EmailAddress = mhandwork@3eti.com
              CheckFrequency = 60
              INewMailAction = {smtpHost = mail.3eti.com
              forwardingAddress = mhandwork@hotmail.com
              filter = null}

at org.jboss.chap11.mail.IMAPMsgManager.close(IMAPMsgManager.java:93)
              at org.jboss.chap11.ejb.MailHandlerMDB.checkForNewMsgs(MailHandlerMDB.java:203)

I figured I'd go with a clean install and (flame on!) forgot to back up my jboss.jcml file. Needless to say I have made all the changes except for the one that corrects this:

[21:51:01,957,ConfigurationService] Could not create MBean Management:service=Collector(org.jboss.management.ServerDataCollector)
              java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.management.ServerDataCollector
              at javax.management.loading.MLet.findClass(MLet.java:800)

For the life of me I have read so many forum posts that I do not remember how I corrected this.

Thanks for the help Joel,
              Matt

• 4. Re: chap11 example take2
                matthew Newbie

I am supposed to have this up and running by tomorrow so what I did was download an earlier version that I have documentation for. Using jboss2.4.4 and tomcat3.2.3 I have had very little problem.
                Thanks for all the help, I will probably need to draw on it again once this is up and running or when someone decides that I need to update to more recent versions.