2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2002 9:00 PM by jlbakker

distribute EJBs

jlbakker

Guys,

I have an EJB (let's call it EJB A) that uses a lot of cycles. In order to offload a machine I thought it would make sense to put it on another. So far, so good.

So I started another machine and had Jboss on it point to the naming server of the first machine. If I start both then the second throws an exception during startup as the LocalTransactionManager's name is already in use.

If I ignore this exception, the first method call on the EJB A fails with the exception that the transaction is not serializable.

This probably indicated that I have some assumptions wrong. How can I have EJBs in two processes communicate?

Sorry for this newbie question,

John-Luc

• 1. Re: distribute EJBs
          mteunissen

What you want I guess requires a clustered Jboss config (assuming you're using Jboss 3.x). From your description it seems like you're kind of setting up a pseudo cluster without using Jboss's clustering features.

• 2. Re: distribute EJBs
            jlbakker

Hi,

Thanks for reacting. Well, I don't want to cluster now. I want to be in control now.

I have a request that spends 50% of it its cycles in one bean and 50% in other beans. I'd like to put that one bean on another machine. freeing up the processor and see what the effects are when cracking up the load. I think that with using the clustering one is not in control and the systems dispatches the request handling.

I may try clustering later.

Any suggestions on how to do pseudo clustering then?

Thanks,

John-Luc