1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2002 1:47 PM by altrine christopher

deploying Petstore 1.1.2 under JBoss3.0

Richard Innes Newbie

I Have deployed the example project from the JBoss Quick start guide and am now trying to deploy the petstore project. I am useing jboss3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3 config. I have Petstore 1.1.2 from the book Jboss admin and developement published by SAMS. I have followed the instructions for deploying petstore using the patch supplied on the disk. I have managed to get the Create tables page in my browser and have created the tables although I did get "You cannot commit with autocommit set".
      This is the first question - why do I get this message.
      When I then try to enter the petstore I Get an exception
      ERROR org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine StandardWrapperValve{webtierEntryPoint}: Allocate exception for servlet webTierEntryPoint javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet webTierEntryPoint.The root cause is java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.petstore.control.web.ScreenFlowXmlDAO.getRequestMappings(ScreenFlowXmlDAO.java:249)
      From the log (I have put in a debug) from MainServlet init() where it does requestMappingsURL = getservletContext().getResource("/WEB-INF/xml/requestmappings.xml") it returns"jindi:/localhost/estore/WEB-INF/xml/requestMappings.xml". This is passed to ScreenFlowXmlDAO.The ScreenFlowXmlDao loadDocument throws an exception java.net.MalformedURLException unknown protocol jindi and returns null which I think is causing the problem as this is used from the code that is throwing the servlet exception. I would appreciate any feedback on this issue. I have tried to give as full an explanation as I can. Regards Richard