11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2003 10:22 PM by surfee

JBoss 3.2beta2 + Apache 2.0.40 + Tomcat 4.1 + mySQL 3.23.52

Avinash Gupta Newbie

Hello everybody,

I am new to JBoss and as part of my learning process, I am in the midst of setting up the above configuration (see Subject) on my RedHat 8.0 system. Undoubtedly, a lot of people on this forum may be interested in such a setup and I am willing to share my experiences with one and all. It will, of course, take me a lot of time and effort to get all the pieces talking to each other and I hope to get some help from other folks. Here is where I am currently:

- Install & setup of Tomcat (completed)
      - Install and setup of JBoss (completed)
      - Install and setup of mySQL (completed)
      - Tomcat talking to JBoss talking to mySQL (completed)

In addition, I am also in the process of porting the Java Petstore 1.3 to JBoss. As part of this process, I will re-write the entire source for the Petstore to use XDoclet . I have already successfully deployed all the EJB code to JBoss and am currently getting the web code to play well with Tomcat.

Once I have all the pieces working together, my intention was to import the setup into the Eclipse IDE to enable the perfect development platform.

If there is sufficient interest, I can make this information available to everyone.

Watch this topic for more info!

-- Avinash.