2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2003 11:59 AM by adrian.brock

Problem with Jboss + Jetty 'Could not find resource for'  So

epixnicros

I am very new to JBoss and Jetty even Java for that matter, but the company I work for Deploys several hundred Jboss/Jetty servers every year, so I have decided to use Jboss/Jetty for my own company as well.

I am running Redhat 8.0 with the following version of Java installed and working.

java version "1.4.0_03"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_03-b04)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0_03-b04, mixed mode)

I downloaded JBoss-2.4.7_Jetty-4.0.4.zip from the jboss website and have installed in /usr/local/jboss/

Im able to get Jboss started without error but when I try to browse to any of the preinstalled Demos or .jsp file that I have created I get the error message:

HTTP ERROR: 404 Could not find resource for /home/sample.jsp

RequestURI=/home/sample.jsp

I've gone through the tutorials on the Jboss site over and over and have checked the jetty.xml file for errors but everything seems to be correct.

If I start Jetty by itsself I am able browse to the Jetty start page just fine.

I plan on using primarily jsp for most of my business development but will be using mySQL and Servlets eventually.

Can somebody point me in the right direction and help me get my first jsp file working, I think I could figure most of the rest of myself.

Thanks you

Chris s. Raver
      Web Systems Analyst
      Epixtech
      craver@epixtech.com

• 1. Re: Problem with Jboss + Jetty 'Could not find resource for'
          epixnicros

Its amazing what a couple hours of sleep will do. A little more reading and I was able to create and deploy my first WAR file. I am able to view the pages just fine in JBoss.

One more question though...

Looks like JBoss is putting everything in a temp location.
          Is this normal or is there something I should be doing to put the application in another location? Also What kinda configuration, if any, will I need to do so the mySQL database can be accessed my my jsp. I've got the jsp code down but is there anything I need to do on the JBoss end.

• 2. Re: Problem with Jboss + Jetty 'Could not find resource for'

All deployments are copied to tmp to avoid
            locking deploy folder which might make a backup
            impossible.

Copy and modify the example config from
            docs/examples/jca
            add the driver to server/default/lib
            then lookup the DataSource using jndi.