I am having problems debugging a JBoss-3.0.4 app (with j2sdk1.4.1_01). Are there any general facts\issues regarding debugging with JBoss-3.0.4 /j2sdk1.4.1_01 that I should bear in mind ?
1) Start JBoss with the following parameters related to debugging
rem JPDA options. Uncomment and modify as appropriate to enable remote
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
Note: Tried with -classic at first but realised it is not supported anymore
2) Connect from SunONE IDE(also using j2sdk1.4.1_01)
- Add breakpoints
- Attach with the following options
Debugger Type = Default Debugger (JPDA)
Connector = SocketAttach
Transport = dt_socket
Host = <my machine>
port = 8787
- Debugging session running, connected to <my machine>:8787
- Execute JUnit tests, complete successfully BUT breakpoints NOT hit
3) Try using different jdks with SunONE
...as the following posting suggested that there may be problems using
j2sdk1.4.1_01 with SunONE :
- tried j2sdk1.4.0_01 and jdk1.3.1_02 to no avail - breakpoints still
4) Couldn't find anything in 1.4.1 documentation that would suggest
that my setup is incorrect...
..seems to tell me that my debugger setings are ok.
5) Same debug settings worked fine with JBoss-2.4.7 (with jdk1.3.1_02
So is there something else that I'm missing with regard to debuging using JBoss-3.0.4/j2sdk1.4.1_01 ?
Thanks in advance,