2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2003 7:12 PM by Chuck Emary

JBOSS JMS queue access

Chuck Emary Newbie

At one point I was accessing a JBOSS JMS queue through a session bean. I then decided that it would be more efficient to access the queue directly. This is not working so...

1. Is this theoretically possible in JBoss, or must I access the queue through a session bean or MDB?

• 1. Re: JBOSS JMS queue access
          Adrian Brock Master

You'll have to post some details like what
          connection factories you are using and where
          you are now accessing the queue from.

Regards,
          Adrian

• 2. Re: JBOSS JMS queue access
            Chuck Emary Newbie

Here is a stripped version of the code:

// called for initialization
            private void initRadiusEventQ(){

radiusContext = new InitialContext();

radiusQcf = (QueueConnectionFactory) radiusContext.lookup("ConnectionFactory");

radiusConn = radiusQcf.createQueueConnection();

radiusQueue = (Queue) radiusContext.lookup("queue/billableEvent");

radiusSession = radiusConn.createQueueSession(false, QueueSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
            radiusConn.start();

radiusSender = radiusSession.createSender(radiusQueue);

//called to actually send the data to Q
            private void sendRadiusUsageEvent(EventExtension usage, QueueSession session, QueueSender sender) throws JMSException {

ObjectMessage message = session.createObjectMessage(usage);

sender.send(message);

}

I am getting an authorization exception/socket timeout when I try to connect to the jboss queue. I read a number of posts that indicated that it could be a problem with different JVM versions. This is not the case. Another potential issue is the jboss server is behind a firewall, and tcpdump indicates its sending its non-routable(NAT'd) IP address. I found several posts on this problem as well, including a patch, that appears to have been integrated to jboss, but could find no documentation to support this. Search for "LOCAL_ADDR" if you're interested... So this research is the result of my original question, is what I'm trying to do even possible?

And another question would be is the NAT'd IP address problem fixed, as I could really find no posts to indicate that it was.

TIA for any help!!!