11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2003 6:36 PM by wlwells

JBuilder 8 JBoss integration

megaskins

I've been using JBoss for some time and bought the doc, but I've been using Textpad, etc. I recently got a copy of JBuilder 8 Enterprise and it has the integration for Webshpere, WebLogic, etc, built right in, but no JBoss.

Has anyone used the JBuilder IDE and JBoss together? If so, which libraries do I need to configure, etc, to get it running right?

• 1. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
          rkite01

I am using JBuilder 7 but I do not use the JBoss Integration for JBuilder. If want to set up JBoss for debugging with JBuilder then you can attach to JBoss from JBuilder by doing the following.

1. Create a system environment variable called "JAVA_OPTS" and set the following in it --> -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=12999

2. In JBuilder go to Project|Project Properties|Run Tab|Edit|Debug|Debug Tab and check "Enable remote debugging" and "Attach" set Type=dt_socket and Address = 12999

3. In Project|Project Properies|Paths tab" the src directories you want to debug must be added.

4. Then after you start JBoss you go to JBuilder and select Run|Debug and JBuilder will attach to JBoss and you will be able to set break points and step through your code.

• 2. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
            rkite01

I am using JBuilder 7 but I do not use the JBoss Integration for JBuilder. If want to set up JBoss for debugging with JBuilder then you can attach to JBoss from JBuilder by doing the following.

1. Create a system environment variable called "JAVA_OPTS" and set the following in it --> -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=12999

2. In JBuilder go to Project|Project Properties|Run Tab|Edit|Debug|Debug Tab and check "Enable remote debugging" and "Attach" set Type=dt_socket and Address = 12999

3. In Project|Project Properies|Paths tab" the src directories you want to debug must be added.

4. Then after you start JBoss you go to JBuilder and select Run|Debug and JBuilder will attach to JBoss and you will be able to set break points and step through your code.

• 3. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
              rkite01

• 4. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
                rkite01

• 5. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
                  rkite01

• 6. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
                    rkite01

• 7. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
                      rkite01

• 8. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
                        rkite01

• 9. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
                          rkite01

I have tried and tried to reply to this but I can not get my reply to post. Your E-Mail address is not available in your user profile.

• 10. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration

try the 'JBoss JBuilder OpenTool'

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss-opentool/

it works fine with jbuilder 6,7 and 8

• 11. Re: JBuilder 8 JBoss integration
                              wlwells

Try Voyager JBoss OpenTool Version 2.5. It is available from

http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/prodcat?prodid=3&catid=11

We were evaluating JBuilder 8.0 for use with JBoss and Borland tech support directed us to this page.