4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2003 5:19 AM by zohar

third party jars

zohar

Hello,
      I've created a servlet and packed it in an EAR file. Everything worked fine. Now I want to use a third party jar (Openwave's wappushlib.jar). How do I add it to the EAR/classpath?

• 1. Re: third party jars

put it in the lib directory in your ear

• 2. Re: third party jars
            zohar

I guess I need a good reference on the ear file's structure, cos I have no 'lib' dir at the moment...
            Thanks.

• 3. Re: third party jars

WEB-INF/web.xml
              WEB-INF/classes
              WEB-INF/lib
              WEB-INF/lib/some3td-party.jar

Ok, this applies to the structure of the .war, but rereading your first post, i think that will do (the 3td party stuff is used only by the servlets, right?)

Cheers.
              Peter.

Btw if you use ant to create the .war file, you wouldn't have to bother about its precise structure, ant would handle this for you.

• 4. Re: third party jars
                zohar

thanks for the reply.
                In the meantime I've added the jars to the server/default/lib dir - that did the job, although it's probably for the whole server.
                I am using ant for the build, but it's very simple - any good examples? BTW, I'm using the ant task to uploaf the ear file to the server (using FTP). The Jboss used to reload the newer version every time I did that, but now it stopped for some strange reason. I have to restart the whole server each time I update the ear file... Any suggestions here?
                Thanks.