3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2003 5:31 AM by jgc195

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException

sbhat

Hi I am running standalone tomcat and using with jboss. I am testing a servlet to communicate to JMS. I am getting the following error.

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException Name ConnectionFactory is not bound in this Context

JNDI lookup succeeds when I try this portion of the code on standalone JMS client (a JMS subscriber client) and I was able to send messages, but when I used it from servlet it fails.

What are the things I am doing wrong here? How do I configure tomcat to look for Jboss JNDI instead of its own?

Thank you for any help regarding this.

• 1. Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
          jgc195

Hi,

Is there any particular reason why you can't run the jboss/tomcat bundle? It comes fully integrated...

JGC

• 2. Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
            sbhat

Yes, apache and tomcat were already running for different use. Jboss installed later.

Is that not possible to use tomcat with jboss the way I am trying to use?

thanks
            sbhat

• 3. Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
              jgc195

I'm sure it's possible...I'm just not sure that trying to do the integration yourself is going to be the "path of least resistance". Would it not be possible to simply move your legacy application from your existing Tomcat to the Jboss/Tomcat bundle installation? If it's just a WAR file, you can just deploy it and you'll be up and running again with no or minor modifications. And Apache can be plugged in easily via AJP12/13 connectors.