hope this is the right part of forum.
      my problem:
      i have an application,
      web part(war-ic.war) + ejb part(ejb-jar-ic.jar),
      packed into an ear file.

packed, btw, with j2ee(sun) deploytool.

worked with jboss3.0.4.

does not work , i.e. is not even deployed, with jboss3.2rc3

lots and lots of warnings about the exceptions in the beans not fitting with the exceptions in the home&remote interfaces.
      could not find ANY combination AT ALL to get it fitting.

how come?

btw, it would be really nice to have a j2ee like deploytool. editing all those xml files and working with jar through all those hierarchies to pack is really a hazzle.

anybody care to comment?

• 1. Re: backward compatibility
          mikefinn

Looks like maybe verifier output. Without a stack trace, it's hard to know. Also, I would recommend you first get to the 3.2.0 release. It's available in the DL area on sourceforge.

FWIW, deploytool is a cumbersome solution. If you can, you are FAR better off wiring the assembly/deployment into Ant. The ear/jar/war structures are simple to build and are fully mechanized (ie repeatable) with the appropriate Ant tasks. If you are using Ant for your buildsystem, you can integrate the EAR building right into it - even hot deploy it to deploy directory - with no messy dialogs to navigate.

As far as the XML files, look into XDoclet. It generates them (ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml, web.xml, struts-config.xml, etc) on the fly, from tags in your classes (EJB incl CMP, Struts classes).

mike