3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2003 4:42 AM by muzair9192

Help required with CMP

muzair9192

hi
      i am new to jboss . i have deployed a entity bean (CMP) to the default datasource on jboss3.0.4 . (HypersonicSQL) . now i want to change the default storeage from HyperSonic SQL to SQL Server . i have the SQL Server-servize.xml file and have edited it to add my user name and password to it for default login . how to i tell the Container that it shoud use SQL Server no Hypersonic SQL for storing . I saw some where that we can change the settings in jboos-cmp .xml , some file like that . can some one give a tip as to how to do this .

• 1. Re: Help required with CMP
          raja05

In ur jbosscmp-jdbc.xml,
          1) change the datasource to whatever is the JNDI Name of ur SQL Server datasource
          2) Change the datasource-mapping to MS SQLSERVER or MS SQLSERVER2000 (depending on what version you got).

Look for the datasource-mapping in standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml in the <JBOSS_DIST>/server/conf dir.

-Raj

• 2. Re: Help required with CMP
            muzair9192

THisis the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file i am using .
            <jbosscmp-jdbc>

<enterprise-beans>
            <ejb-name>CDBean</ejb-name>
            MSSQLDS
            <datasource-mapping>MS SQLSERVER</datasource-mapping>

</enterprise-beans>
            </jbosscmp-jdbc>

if i go to the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml and change the default datasource to MSSQLDS it works fine and the SQL SERVER is used for CMP . but i want to keep the default to the Hypersonic SQL and only for this CDBean use the datasource i have specified in the above mentioned file .

why is that not working . it still mapst he CDBean to the hypersonic sql instead of SQL server . it simply ignored the datasource i am telling it to use .

• 3. Re: Help required with CMP
              muzair9192

i have another related problem . the jboss server usest he source that i specify in the standardjaws file in the config directory
              i simply ignores wat ever data source is mentioned any where else and uses the one set as default in this file .