2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2003 2:43 AM by jonlee

jboss user but linux beginner

zhebincong

hello
      i install jboss3.2 in my redhat8,i go to the bin directory of jboss,the type "run -c all" command,the jboss start,but after it finish the starting,i find that the jboss run in "preemptive" mode,i can't do any other thing,if i press "ctr+c" the jboss stop.
      who can tell me how i can start the jboss in background,then i can do the other job such as copy file........... in the frontground?

the next question is how can i config the path and classpath variable in linux,i mean which file i should to modify?

thank you!

• 1. Re: jboss user but linux beginner
          benholland

put the '&' char after the run command. This runs it as a daemon. Thats as far as my Linux goes I am afraid.

./run.sh &

• 2. Re: jboss user but linux beginner
            jonlee

You shouldn't need to execute run.sh as a background task. The script spawns JBoss and the JVM as a separate process unless you have defined the PROFILER environment variable. Ensure that PROFILER is not set to anything.

You can set your environment variables in /etc/profile if you want it set for all profiles - for example JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME.