2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2003 4:26 AM by bakkis

Must have JARs in both WEB-INF/lib and in jboss/server/defau

bakkis

Hi,

When I deploy a WAR file which for example uses the commons-validator.jar, I put it in the WAR files WEB-INF/lib directory, but when I deploy the WAR file and start JBoss it throws a ClassNotFoundException for org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction class. So then I put the commons-validator.jar in jboss/server/default/lib and it works fine.

This behavior seems to happen quite often, not only for the commons-validator.jar file.

What is the purpose of having the same JAR file in two locations (both WEB-INF/lib and jboss/server/default/lib)?

Thanks alot for settling my curiosity about this.

Thomas

• 1. Re: Must have JARs in both WEB-INF/lib and in jboss/server/d
          raja05

I have had problems with Just plain tomcat not finding struts libraries on deployment in Tomcat 3.2 due to the JDK12Interceptor not added to the server.xml..
          I would think this is a struts classloader issue rather than Jboss.
          What version of JBoss-Tomcat are you using? I have a struts 1.1 RC1 example working on Jboss 3.0.7.

-Raj

• 2. Re: Must have JARs in both WEB-INF/lib and in jboss/server/d
            bakkis

I'm using
            jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24, trying to deploy a Struts application.
            So you mean that the reason that a need to have the JAR file in two locations is because of the Struts classloader not finding it in the first location?

Do you have any URL's to some working Struts examples (especially that uses Tiles)?

Thanks!

Bakkis