2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2003 5:36 AM by peterb

Problem deploying 2 Struts web apps in 1 server.

peterb

I'm trying to deploy 2 war files that both have a struts.jar in their lib directory. When only 1 war file is deployed everything works great, but for some reason one webapp cannot access its ApplicationResources file when both are deployed.

I presume that the second app is somehow using the struts.jar of the first app, which can indeed not access the properties file because of security constraints.

Is there a way around this problem? I suppose it should be possible to let each webapp use its own struts.jar, but how is this accomplished?

regards,
      Peter

• 1. Re: Problem deploying 2 Struts web apps in 1 server.
          jonlee

You can try configuring the servlet server to not follow Java 2 classloading compliance.

In jbossweb-jetty.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml or jbossweb-tomcat.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml, you can set this by:
          false

The config file has plenty of comments to explain what this means. It might work for you.

• 2. Re: Problem deploying 2 Struts web apps in 1 server.
            peterb

It seems I found the solution myself. In the chapter on the JMX microkernel of the JBoss documentation it is explained how classes can be scoped through the jboss-app.xml descriptor.

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems that this will solve my problem.

regards,
            Peter