3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2004 7:54 PM by pspagnola

org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException

babs45242

I am getting the following exception on the client side. I believe it is a problem because "org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException " is not found in my classpath. I have searched the various jars included with the JBOSS3.08 Tomcat distribution (in server/all) and have not found this class in any of them.

I did find a build for this portion that indicates the jar may be called jbosscx or have jca in the name but I do not find those references either.

The jar for the beans being referenced is in the classpath so I don't think it is a "simple" answer like that.

If you have any idea where I may find the class or what may be happening if this is not the problem, I would appreciate it.

Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException (no security man
      ager: RMI class loader disabled)
      java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException (no security man
      ager: RMI class loader disabled)
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException (no security manager: RM
      I class loader disabled)
      at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:318)
      at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:132)
      at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveClass(MarshalInputStream.java:143)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputClassDescriptor(ObjectInputStream.java:918)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:366)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:236)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1186)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:386)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputClassFields(ObjectInputStream.java:2263)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadObject(ObjectInputStream.java:519)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1412)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:236)
      at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:212)
      at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122)
      at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.invoke(JRMPInvokerProxy.java:135)
      at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:108)
      at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:77)
      at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:80)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatelessSessionInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInterceptor.java:1
      11)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:76)
      at $Proxy2.readAllCurrencyData_5_1(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at com.convergys.geneva.service.j2ee.SessionBeanServiceProxyFinder$Service.invoke(Unknown So
      urce)
      at $Proxy0.readAllCurrencyData_5_1(Unknown Source)
      at test.Client.configExample(Client.java:288)
      at test.Client.run(Client.java:270)
      at test.Client.main(Client.java:262)
      Client completed

• 1. Re: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException
          darranl

I only have JBoss 3.2.2 so this might be different for JBoss 3.0.8 but the class you are looking for is in jboss-jca.sar under /server/all/deploy and server/default/deploy

The fact that it is only in a SAR and not a client JAR makes me think that it is not an Exception that should be thrown back to the client.

What is it that your client is doing?

• 2. Re: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException
            babs45242

Thanks. I was only looking through files with the jar extension. I have the same file you mentioned under 3.0.8.

The client is invoking a method on a stateless session bean. It is a test client created to help certify that the EJBs were deployed correctly.

I added the jboss-jca.sar file to my client classpath and I get a much more meaningful message -- it looks like the JBossResourceException is embedded in a EJBException (I kind of wondered why I was not seeing an EJBException come across). The client is performing a printStackTrace() on the caught exception -- I guess because it could not resolve the JBossResourceException class on the stack trace, I got the no class found error before it was able to complete the print stack trace.

From the detail, it is apparent that the services file for the database connections is not properly configured. I have the file set up on my local copy of JBoss and do not get this error when trying to run the client, so I should be able to work with my server admin to get the file updated -- or created :) -- on the remote.

As you pointed out, this file is not in the client directory. Do you think I am breaking any "rules" by putting the jboss-jca.sar permanently in my client class path? Under ideal circumstances I'd never have an exception to need to see the details of, but it certainly helps when a problem occurs.

Thank you again for your response!

985 [main] DEBUG org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable - org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable.parentTraceEnable
            d=true
            1016 [main] DEBUG org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable - org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable.nestedTraceEnable
            d=true
            1016 [main] DEBUG org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable - org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable.detectDuplicateNe
            sting=true
            RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
            java.rmi.ServerException: EJBException:; nested exception is:
            javax.ejb.EJBException: null; CausedByException is:
            Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments i
            n call); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection
            ; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in call))
            java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
            java.rmi.ServerException: EJBException:; nested exception is:
            javax.ejb.EJBException: null; CausedByException is:
            Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments i
            n call); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection
            ; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in call))

• 3. Re: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException
              pspagnola

I have this same problem, but I am having difficulty including the .sar file in my client classpath. Is there some thing special I need to do? Any help would be appreciated.