1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2003 2:33 AM by jonlee

JSP deployment error running

sasconsul

Folks,

I am sure this is simple, but I have not figured it out yet. I think the javac line passed on to WinXP Home too long at 1010 characters. How should I setup the classpath so that it can be passed via the execute call?

Stuart

Here is the core error:
      ===
      java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: javac.exe -classpath C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\bin\run.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\deploy\jmx-console.war\WEB-INF\classes;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\deploy\jmx-console.war\WEB-INF\lib\jboss-jmx.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\lib\javax.servlet.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\lib\jboss-j2ee.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\tmp\deploy\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-jetty.sar\jasper-compiler.jar\8.jasper-compiler.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\lib\jts.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\lib\jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\lib\bcel.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\deploy\jmx-invoker-adaptor-server.sar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\lib\snmp-support.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\deploy\http-invoker.sar\invoker.war;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\lib\bsh-deployer.jar;C:\devenv\jboss-3.2.1\server\default\tmp\deploy\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-jetty.sar\org.mortbay.jmx.jar\3.o?
      ===

• 1. Re: JSP deployment error running
          jonlee

The classpath is definitely too long. Try setting Jasper to compile the JSP internally - that is not to fork. You will need to add it to server/default/deploy/jbossweb-jetty.sar/webdefault.xml for Jetty or server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat41.sar/web.xml for Tomcat. This applies to the Jasper section of the aforementioned configuration files.

<servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
          <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
          <!-- add this -->
          <init-param>
          <param-name>fork</param-name>
          <param-value>false</param-value>
          </init-param>

More information here:
          http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jasper-howto.html

This should stop the system having to pass the classpath externally, which is where the problem is occurring. The drawback is that there is a chance of a crash if there is a memory leak in javac. Shouldn't be the case for Java JDK 1.4.2 but YMMV.

Hope it helps.