Try to remove overall the ejb/.
Thanks for the feedback.
I have just tried dropping the "ejb/" from the jndi-names. However, this does not work.
Removed from the lookup also ?
You can also see the deployed JNDI name on the jboss web console, or in the log of jboss
Yes, I have removed ejb from the lookup.
It is in the console where I am seeing how these are actually being named when deployed. Here's a list of what I see in the console:
+- UserBean (proxy: $Proxy47 implements interface com.eis.interfaces.UserBeanHome,interface javax.ejb.Handle)
+- local (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
| +- UserBean (proxy: $Proxy42 implements interface com.eis.interfaces.UserBeanLocalHome)
The following guide explains the references versus the JNDI names - http://amitysolutions.com.au/documents/JBossJNDI-technote.pdf. That might get you a start on how the JNDI links to the EJB references in the initial context.