4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2004 10:59 AM by raja05

Moving from Tomcat to JBoss

sj_bennett

I am currently working on an application that is JSP/Servet only on Tomcat 4.1.24. The Apache HTTPD server handles all requests and forwards requests for JSP pages to the Tomcat server via the mod-JK connector.

How do I migrate this to an implementation on JBoss. I am specifically concerned if the details of integrating the Apache HTTPD server with JBoss requires different configuration.

I have purchased the full documentation set, so if there is something I missed in there that would be of help, please just provide a reference to it.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Moving from Tomcat to JBoss
          darrinps

I'll second this request and add the caveat that it would be nice if there was some documentation on how to integrate Tomcat 5 with JBoss as well as migrating from Tomcat to JBoss.

I too have purchased the documentation but find the tutorial of more use to what I'm looking to do, but it doesn't cover Tomcat.

• 2. Re: Moving from Tomcat to JBoss
            sj_bennett

"sj_bennett" wrote:
            "sj_bennett" wrote:
            OK. I've learned enough to narrow down my question. It looks like one choice is to just point my JBoss installation to my existing Tomcat installation by setting the value of CatalinaHome in /deploy/jboss-tomcat41.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml. But where?

The other choice is to redeploy my Tomcat applications on the embedded Tomcat container that ships with JBoss.

Any answers for me? Thanks.

steve

• 3. Re: Moving from Tomcat to JBoss
              sj_bennett

"sj_bennett" wrote:
              I would like to use JBoss. I am stuck on this simple question.

steve

• 4. Re: Moving from Tomcat to JBoss
                raja05

"sj_bennett" wrote:
                "sj_bennett" wrote:
                OK. I've learned enough to narrow down my question. It looks like one choice is to just point my JBoss installation to my existing Tomcat installation by setting the value of CatalinaHome in /deploy/jboss-tomcat41.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml. But where?

In any of the server configs. for e.g. /jboss_home/server/default/deploy/jboss-tomcat41.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml

<!DOCTYPE server [
                 ENTITY catalina.home "../tomcat-4.1.x"
                ]>

And change the port numbers in jboss-service.xml accordingly.