1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2004 11:07 AM by Jonathon Roberts

Mysql 5.1 datasource problems

Jonathon Roberts Newbie

We are trying to migrate our sql server database to mysql 5. I can't seem to get a datasource from the mysql 5 connection in my servlets. I can connect to the database by not using dbcp and using the connection string and I can get a datasource from MS Sql Server. Has anyone been about to do this or is it a problem with mysql 5 alpha?

using Jboss 3.2.3, suse 9, mysql 5.0.0
      tried with connect/j 3.0.11 and connect/j 3.1.1-alpha

Here's what I got:
      web.xml:

<resource-ref>
       <res-ref-name>MySqlTest</res-ref-name>
       <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
       <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
      </resource-ref>

jboss-web.xml:
      <jboss-web>
       <resource-ref>
       <res-ref-name>MySqlTest</res-ref-name>
       <jndi-name>java:/MySqlTest</jndi-name>
       </resource-ref>
      </jboss-web>

-ds.xml:
      <datasources>
       <local-tx-datasource>
       <jndi-name>MySqlTest</jndi-name>
       <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/TestDB</connection-url>
       <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
       <user-name>test</user-name>
       <password>test</password>
       <min-pool-size>20</min-pool-size>
       <max-pool-size>300</max-pool-size>
       <idle-timeout-millis>10000</idle-timeout-millis>
       </local-tx-datasource>
      </datasources>

failing servlet code:
       Context init = new InitialContext();
       Context ctx = (Context) init.lookup("java:comp/env");
       ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("MySqlTest");

con = ds.getConnection(); //throws exception here

and finally the exception:
      11:26:08,315 WARN [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection:
      org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException)
       at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:160)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:477)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:213)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:496)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:425)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:318)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:477)
       at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:814)
       at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:102)
       at test.DBConnection_Beta.setConnection(DBConnection_Beta.java:77)

Thanks,