2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2004 4:25 AM by raja05

Question about default deployment directory name

rostik

This maybe a simple configuration question. I can't seem to find an answer.

By default all war files are deployed in directory:
      <JBOSS_install_directory>/server/default/deploy/

Is the name "deploy" in the above directory can be changed?
      Sos that I can have a deployment directory like this:
      <JBOSS_install_directory>/server/<my_deployment>/deploy/

Also can I have several deployments with different contents, libs, and
      datasources at the same time? For example:
      <JBOSS_install_directory>/server/<my_deployment1>/deploy/..
      <JBOSS_install_directory>/server/<my_deployment2>/deploy/..
      and so on.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Question about default deployment directory name

Those are separate server configurations. You can have multiple configurations and start them separately using "run -c myconfigname". see http://jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CustomConfiguration for more details. However, these are completely separate JBoss instances.

If you are just trying separate out your various deployments, you can instruct JBoss to read from multiple directories. You can also make subdirectories in the deploy directory to logically separate your components. What you choose depends mostly on exactly what effect you are trying to achieve. If you explain your goals a bit more, maybe someone can suggest which strategy would work best.[/url]

• 2. Re: Question about default deployment directory name
            raja05

Yes, you can specify multiple deployment directories. Lookup the jboss-service.xml in ur conf directory and look for URLDeploymentScanner at the end. There is an attribute where you can specify all ur deployment directories(comma separated list IIRC)