1 Reply Latest reply on May 25, 2004 7:41 PM by vashistvishal

Problems with J2EE tools

ghoyle

I am new to ejb's/JBoss etc so I have been playing with some tools to help create a entity bean(s).
      The first one I tried is nbjboss which is a plugin for eclipse. This is supposed to be able to create a CMP2.0 entity bean and help deploy it, but for some reason I always get

1:17:37,313 INFO [MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/opt/jboss-3.2.3/server/all/deploy/employ.jar
      11:17:38,007 WARN [verifier] EJB spec violation:
      Bean : Employee
      Method : public Short ejbCreate(short, String, String, String, Date, String, String, short, String, BigDecimal, String) throws CreateException
      Section: 10.6.4
      Warning: The return type of an ejbCreate(...) method must be the entity bean's primary key type.

It seems it creates this primary key class and uses that as a return type instead of the type that the primary key is, in this case a short.
      Has anyone else used this tool and come across similar problems? If so how did you fix it.

The second tool I have tried using is Loboz for eclipse. This seems okay at the outset and i have deployed a entity based on a tutroial. However it seems that you have to create the database tables first, there is no way to just create the entites and let JBOSS create the tables on deployment. Ther is also no way as far as I can see for defining relationships between entites, using this tool.
      Anyone else used this tool and have any advice?

Finally anyone know of any good (hopefully free) tools to help me get started in creating and deploying EJB's with JBOSS.

Thanks in advance

Geoff