4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2004 4:54 PM by gorano

JBoss3.2.4 + Struts

jgisler

So I had an existing app using struts and everything worked in Jboss-3.2.3 but when I deploy the same .war to 3.2.4, it has a problem with the tag-libs. Thinking it must be a problem on my end, I deployed the struts-example.war that came with the struts distrubution and same issue.

Here is the exception:

C:\java\jboss-3.2.4\server\default\work\jboss.web\localhost\clubpetpeople\org\apache\jsp\admin\customerSearchForm_jsp.java:106: _jspx_meth_html_base_0(javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.JspTag,javax.servle
      t.jsp.PageContext) in org.apache.jsp.admin.customerSearchForm_jsp cannot be applied to (org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag,javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext)
      if (_jspx_meth_html_base_0(_jspx_th_html_html_0, _jspx_page_context))

• 1. Re: JBoss3.2.4 + Struts
          darranl

How do you make the struts classes available to your web app?

I have just started JBoss 3.2.4 and deployed struts-example.war without any problems, can you provide some more information about what you do to reproduce the problem.

• 2. Re: JBoss3.2.4 + Struts
            gorano

we have a quite heavy Struts site developed and tested on 3.2.3. Deployed it on 3.2.4 production
            a few days ago. We have not experienced any problems at all so far (Just want to help ruling out any bug thoughts).

/G

• 3. Re: JBoss3.2.4 + Struts
              jgisler

just to close the loop on this, here is what the problem was/is. I had copied the default/lib/javax.servlet.jar file into my app/WEB-INF/lib directory to solve a compilation error. JBoss-3.2.4 removed this file and the packages now live in deploy\jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/servlets-common.jar

In a minor release like this why did Jboss move such a crtical file??

• 4. Re: JBoss3.2.4 + Struts
                gorano

I think it makes more sense to have this file in the tomcat sar.

The change is in the change log. Something that has to be read when you move version.

/G