1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 27, 2007 10:27 AM by tb01923

synching: rich:inputNumberSlider  AND h:selectOneMenu

tb01923

My page contians a slider and a drop down box, both displaying the same information. I am using a4j support command to rerender the UI on onchange (working) but I also rerender the counterpart component - which never seems to update:

<a4j:outputPanel style="float:right" id="viewList">
       <h:selectOneMenu value="#{bean.idx}" >
       <f:selectItems value="#{bean.beanItems}" />
       <a4j:support event="onchange" reRender="redrawTabs, views, viewIter" ajaxSingle="true"/>
       </h:selectOneMenu>
       </a4j:outputPanel>

<a4j:outputPanel id="viewIter" style="width:80%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;" layout="block">
       <rich:inputNumberSlider
       value="#{bean.idx}"
       minValue="-1"
       maxValue="#{bean.maxIdx}"
       enableManualInput="false"
       showInput="false"
       showToolTip="false"
       showBoundaryValues="false"
       width="100%">
       <a4j:support event="onchange" reRender="redrawTabs, views, viewList" ajaxSingle="true"/>
       </rich:inputNumberSlider>
       </a4j:outputPanel>

I move the slider and the data area (code not shown, but identified by "views") is rerendered, the "redrawTabs area is also reRendered correctly and I know the call is being made to the server to reRender the selectOneMenu BUT it is not selecting the right option.

The same thing happens when I select using the menu. All the data changes, BUT the inputNumberSlider doesn't remain in synch.

IF i change the value attributes on both of them to say "4" the page loads with them selecting that value. Its only on AJAX refreshes that I am seeing the issue.

T