2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2004 1:08 PM by freefall

Eclipse 3 + JBoss 3.2.5

freefall

Hi, 1st timer here :)

I've installed the complete JBoss package, and the plugin for eclipse.
      I've run thru this example: http://www.devx.com/opensource/Article/20242/1954?pf=true

now I can create and deploy the war file to my server...but it does not recognise the url of the helloworld servlet.

The only thing I notice is the tomcat plugin is for vs 413 I think and the JBoss implementation contains tomcat5. I wonder if this is the problem.

Anyone got any advice / help?

• 1. Re: Eclipse 3 + JBoss 3.2.5
          freefall

erm, I've now done the following...and lo and behold it still doesnt work...
          why not?

taken from a forum:
          I am new to JBoss as well and I got the exact same warnings which turned out to be due to
          the fact that I had Tomcat 5.x installed and JBoss was expecting Tomcat 4.x. I found the
          following document/instructions which fixed it for me.

As it is today JBoss still ships with a Tomcat-4.1.x release as webcontainer but it is
          possible to build your own JBoss-3.2.3-Tomcat-5.0.x version very easily. Here is how to do
          it :
          1. Get the JBoss-3.2.3.zip distribution from sourceforge here
          2. Unzip your jboss distribution to a directory which we now call JBOSS_HOME
          3. go to the JBOSS_HOME/docs/examples/tomcat directory
          4. do a ant -buildfile docs/examples/tomcat/build-tc5-config.xml
          and this is what you should see if your JBOSS_HOME would be c:\jboss-3.2.3 :
          Buildfile: build-tc5-config.xml

config:
          [copy] Copying 124 files to C:\jboss-3.2.3\server\tomcat5
          [copy] Copying 30 files to C:\jboss-3.2.3\server\tomcat5\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat50.sar

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

So now you have next to minimal, default and

• 2. Re: Eclipse 3 + JBoss 3.2.5
            freefall

Ok using the above I got it to work.

One simple question springs to mind....

Why does this ship with tomcat5 yet is configured for tomcat4.....odd huh :s