3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2004 6:30 AM by darranl

is there any folder like APP-INF(which in weblogic ) in JBos

hari_mails

is there any folder like APP-INF(which in weblogic ) in JBoss
      It's so urgent
      thanks in advance

• 1. Re: is there any folder like APP-INF(which in weblogic ) in
          anil.saldhana

What does this folder APP-INF contain? Are you by any chance referring to META-INF under the ear file?

Tell us what the folder APP-INF does in Weblogic.

• 2. Re: is there any folder like APP-INF(which in weblogic ) in
            hari_mails

Third-Party Libraries
            You can extend an Enterprise Application to use third-party .jar files by placing the files in the APP-INF\lib\ directory

all third party jar files are kept in this folder APP-INF\lib\ in weblogic.
            In jboss we will keep in {JBOSS-HOME}/../lib directory which is specific to that server but I need specific to application.

Third-party JARs are generally not compiled, but may be versioned using the source control system for your application code. For example, XML parsers, logging implementations, and Web Application framework JAR files are commonly used in applications and maintained along with editable source code.

I think now u got my point. send reply as early as possible

• 3. Re: is there any folder like APP-INF(which in weblogic ) in
              darranl

The approach that I currently take is to just include the jars in my ear, for each component that then requires access to the jar I add a Class-Path entry listing the jars used.

I haven't tried putting the jars in a different folder within the ear and referencing the folder/jar in the manifest, if that worked you may get away with just changing the manifest files to refer to the jars in the structure you use for weblogic.