2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2005 5:44 PM by exactarget

ExampleHelloWorldService in Wiki gets error on deployment

guurk

I don't have any problems with Session or CMP Beans... no problems at all. Now I'd like to work out a startup class and have taken a look at the wiki for help.

I'm trying to deploy the example from the wiki but I get the following error:

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Class does not expose a management interface

I'd be happy to post the entire stack trace if needed... but don't think you expert types really need it :).

• 1. Re: ExampleHelloWorldService in Wiki gets error on deploymen
          guurk

Just realized after looking through the jboss code that the interface (YourName)MBean.java must be in the same package as the (YourName).java class.

Is this a bug? I think that the interfaces should be allowed to be outside the package. The jboss tutorial even shows all the XDoclet generated stuff as being outside the package from your bean code.

Anyhow... for those that run into this for themselves.

• 2. Re: ExampleHelloWorldService in Wiki gets error on deploymen
            exactarget

your interface has to be in the same package as your MBean class ... i think that should fix the "org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Class does not expose a management interface" error