hogaboga

• 1. Re: Create an application with Jboss
          pergesu

Hello!
          I made the changes you suggested in my servlet, that is,

out = response.getWriter();
          Context initContext = new InitialContext();
          Context envContext = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env");
          DataSource ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup("java:/comp/env/jdbc/XAOracleDS");
          Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
          String sql = "SELECT nombre FROM candidatos WHERE id_cand=49851";

and that's the error I get in Apache

error: comp not bound

and the ones i get in Jboss

16:44:07,480 INFO [STDOUT] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: comp not bound
          16:44:07,482 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:495)
          16:44:07,697 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:503)
          16:44:07,697 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:509)
          16:44:07,698 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:253)
          16:44:07,698 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:256)
          16:44:07,806 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:529)
          16:44:07,807 INFO [STDOUT] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:508)
          16:44:07,807 INFO [STDOUT] at servlet.DataBaseServlet.doGet(DataBaseServlet.java:41)
          16:44:07,808 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
          16:44:07,922 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
          16:44:07,923 INFO [STDOUT] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)

I've tried all the possible combinations, with no success. Is there any other way to solve my problem? What's exactly what I've to do to configure this connection pool?

Thanks again,
          Esther

• 2. Re: JBoss 4 production ready?

"pergesu" wrote:

Is the 4.0.1 release considered production ready?

Yes.

"pergesu" wrote:

How much RAM does JBoss require in a production environment?

It depends how much of your database and session state you want to keep in memory. It should start up with 128MB heap.

"pergesu" wrote:

If I run multiple instances, is the required RAM multiplied by the number of instances, or does the RAM usage just go up a little bit?

Every JVM process will allocate a minimum heap. Again, it depends on how much state you're keeping within the JVM process and what heap settings you have configured for your JVM.

These things are not hard to test by yourself.

• 3. Re: JBoss 4 production ready?
              pergesu

Thanks for the reply, Juha.

Sorry for asking the RAM questions - I've already checked that out on my own numerous times, played around with that, and know the answers. Not sure why I asked that. What I really want to know is what speed processor I'd need to run JBoss. I understand that it would vary based on the application....but are there any guidelines?

• 4. 3859631
                vineetb

Good question!!

It would be interesting to see a scalability and sizing guide or capacity planning guide for JBoss.

Sun provides one for its app server.

http://www.sun.com/servers/white-papers/scalability-sizing-guide.pdf?rendition=pdf

BEA also provides a capacity planning guide -

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/capplan/capgen.html

This could be a nice addition to JBoss docs.

- vineet