6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2005 5:54 AM by claudia.pt

JBoss TMP Folder

claudia.pt

I find several temporary files in the folder C:\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\tmp\deploy.
      What are they?

When i open a browser to see my jsp, i don't see the most recent file!!!
      http://localhost:8080/ZooWebProject/
      apears testz.jsp an the last modified time/date isn't correct!!! Why??

Thanks, claudia

PS - Does anybody have followed WTP Tutorial from Eclipse - Building a simple EJB Application??

• 1. Re: JBoss TMP Folder

The tmp directory is the location to which the deployments are copied for local use. All files (including subfolders) in this directory will be deleted on every start up of the JBoss AS.

If you find that your JSP file doesnt have the correct timestamp matching then it might not have been compiled during the deployment. To test, edit jsp once again with some content and save it, undo the changes and save it again. This should change the timestamp in the JBOSS_HOME/server//deploy folder. If you see the timestamp change in this folder then everything should work fine.

Regards.

Lokesh.

• 2. Re: JBoss TMP Folder
            claudia.pt

Lokesh, I tried what you said, but the timestamp isn't correct!!
            I find the following: it seems that is deploying some temp version of my project instead of my project... see the console
            But In the folder C:\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy the ZooWebProject has the correct date/time
            I'm very confused :(
            Please help me!!

10:35:49,625 INFO [EjbModule] Deploying Tiger
            10:35:50,734 INFO [EJBDeployer] Deployed: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/ZooBeansProject.jar
            10:35:50,968 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/WTP-Tutorial-I, warUrl=file:/C:/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp28871WTP-Tutorial-I-exp.war/
            10:35:51,625 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/ZooWebProject, warUrl=file:/C:/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp28872ZooWebProject-exp.war/10:35:51,875 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jmx-console, warUrl=file:/C:/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/jmx-console.war/
            10:35:52,140 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/test, warUrl=file:/C:/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/test.war/
            10:35:52,250 INFO [ContextConfig] Missing application web.xml, using defaults only StandardEngine[jboss.web].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/test]
            10:35:52,312 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/test2, warUrl=file:/C:/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/test2.war/
            10:35:52,421 INFO [ContextConfig] Missing application web.xml, using defaults only StandardEngine[jboss.web].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/test2]
            10:35:52,515 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/WTP-Tutorial-IEAR.ear
            10:35:52,750 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/Tutorial, warUrl=file:/C:/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp28873WTP-Tutorial-IEAR.ear-contents/WTP-Tutorial-I-exp.war/
            10:35:52,968 INFO [EARDeployer] Started J2EE application: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/WTP-Tutorial-IEAR.ear
            10:35:53,265 INFO [Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-0.0.0.0-8080
            10:35:53,500 INFO [ChannelSocket] JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
            10:35:53,515 INFO [JkMain] Jk running ID=0 time=0/62 config=null
            10:35:53,562 INFO [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.2 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_2 date=200505022023)] Started in 42s:719ms

Thanks,
            Claudia

• 3. Re: JBoss TMP Folder

Generally this should not be the behaviour of JBoss AS. I am trying to understand whats happening in your case.

In the mean time can you do the following steps.

1) Stop JBoss AS.
              2) Delete all the folders under /tmp folder manually.
              3) Restart the JBoss AS and test your application.

Make sure that you delete everything under /tmp folder.

Thanks & Regards.

Lokesh.

• 4. Re: JBoss TMP Folder
                claudia.pt

Lokesh
                I have stopped JBoss AS, deleted all the contents of tmp e restart JBoss. When I restart the AS he creates again the same temp files.

Have you followed the tutorial i'm using?

I have an EJB with just one method that returns a string. The EJB is correctly deployed but i can not create the jsp Web Client because i get
                The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
                Can you help me PLEASE???

Thanks a lot

• 5. Re: JBoss TMP Folder

Claudia,

Can you please post the exception stack for my reference. You can find the full stack under <JBOSS_HOME>/server//log folder. If you are using configuration then replace the with all.

Regards.

Lokesh.

• 6. Re: JBoss TMP Folder
                    claudia.pt

I think that's what you want:

2005-09-13 10:37:26,125 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/ZooWebProj].[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
                    java.lang.ClassCastException
                     at com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:229)
                     at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:137)
                     at com.zoo.TigerUtil.lookupHome(TigerUtil.java:25)
                     at com.zoo.TigerUtil.getHome(TigerUtil.java:42)
                     at org.apache.jsp.zootest_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.zootest_jsp:58)
                     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
                     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
                     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
                     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
                     at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
                     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
                     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
                     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
                     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:153)
                     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
                     at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
                     at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
                     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
                     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
                     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
                     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
                     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
                    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy53
                     at com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:212)
                     ... 29 more

My JSP page is very simple:

<html>
                    <head>
                    <title>Insert title here</title>
                    </head>
                    <body>
                    <%
                     com.zoo.Tiger tiger = null;
                     try{
                     com.zoo.TigerHome home = com.zoo.TigerUtil.getHome();
                     tiger = home.create();

}catch(Exception exception)
                     {

}

%>
                    <b><%= tiger.roar() %></b>
                    </body>
                    </html>

My EJB just have one method named Rrrr().
                    I'm following the tutorial:
                    http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/testtutorials/M2/ejbtutorial/buildingejbs.html
                    If you need something else, ask me.
                    Any help is welcome.
                    Thanks a lot,
                    CLaudia