Take a look in...
Thanks for the reply, but that still dont tell me which files to modify, copy where, change what.
This is what i know so far -
in jbosshome/docs/examples/jca, there is a postgres-ds.xml file. What must i do with this file, copy it to my C:\jboss-4.0.4RC1\server\default\deploy directory? Then what, is that it?
1. Copy the example file
2. Edit the file to match your settings
3. Drop it in the $JBOSS_HOME/server/$configuration/deploy directory
4. That's it
Of course you need the jdbc driver in $JBOSS_HOME/server/$configuration/lib as well.
Now you can look it up using JNDI or inject it if you use EJB3
great, that make sense, just two more questions -
1.) what is the best jdbc driver to use for jboss with posgresql, we want to use conn pooling also.
2.) i downloaded the postgresql drivers, but there are alot of files in there. I download it from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html > 8.2dev-503
JDBC 3, then it consist of two folders - org and META-INF. what must i use.
3.) then, where in my jboss folder must i put what? my structure is C:\jboss-4.0.4RC1> bin, lib, server... > in server > all, default, minimal. I use default. In default there are conf, data, deploy, lib ... in deploy i have my web app called xxx.war. so in which lib must i put my driver files?
1. Select the JDBC driver corresponding to the version postgres you have. Example, If your having postgres 8.1.4, then select the JDBC driver for the version 8.1.4 (http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar). My suggestion regarding the version of JDBC is concerned, downloading JDBC 3 will be better as they were built/supporting JDK 1.4,1.5
2. I think, you have extracted the jar file. There is no need to extract the jar file.
3. Place the download jar file in <JBOSS_HOME>/server/default/lib, as you are using the default configuration.
ViSolve JBoss Team
Thanks, no, when i try to download the jdbc jar file, it want to save it as .zip, so i save it as postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.jar instead of postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.zip.
can i call the jar file anything?
Sorry, we coludn't get you. The http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html page contains only the jar files in JDBC3 column for all the postgres versions. We couldn't find where you get the zip file instead of jar file.
Download the jdbc jar from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.jar and place the downloaded file in the server/default/lib.
ViSolve JBoss Team
firstly make sure that the path whichi the JBOSS set is right ,then download the jdbc driver and let
the jar file to the lib relate subdirectory.