3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2006 4:59 AM by jaikiran

deployment question

mrohad

I created ear file
      and i put it under Jboss-root\server\default\deploy
      now everytime i start the server it deploys it right?

is there any option to deply it only once and keep it deplyoed forever?

• 1. Re: deployment question
          jaikiran

I created ear file and i put it under Jboss-root\server\default\deploy now everytime i start the server it deploys it right?

Yes that's right. Your application will be deployed everytime you start the server.

is there any option to deply it only once and keep it deplyoed forever?

No. Whenever the server is shutdown, the application is undeployed. When you restart your server the application will be deployed again

• 2. Re: deployment question
            mrohad

thanks!
            what is the best way to change a jsp or properties file (in a deployed ear file) while the server is running?

in websphere for example the ear file is extrected in the file system and i've access to each file..

• 3. Re: deployment question
              jaikiran

in websphere for example the ear file is extrected in the file system and i've access to each file..

Check this out:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ExplodedDeployment

what is the best way to change a jsp or properties file (in a deployed ear file) while the server is running?

Have a look at:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=RedeployAnApplicationWhenChangeAFileInAnExplodedDeploymentDirectory

If you are just changing a jsp page in a *extracted* war then you dont have to do anything. The changes will be picked up automatically. However, if the file is other than a jsp then you will have to follow the steps mentioned in the link above