Not sure what Sakai is entirely, but usually, you can get away with putting all related .jar files for a component in your .war file. If this doesn't work, then in server/default/lib . Better would be to create a .sar file with your files, if you're saavy.
I also trying to deploy Sakai on Jboss, and Five minutes ago I got a correct deploy. I don't know if this is the better configuracion, but is a good way to begin.
The Sakai estructure:
- I download the sakai-bin_2-3-0.tar.gz file.
- Decompress the file
. In the Sakai directory i found:
Now, I put the directories as follows:
- The WAR files in the webapps in JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy (only the files, no the directory)
- The "components" dir in JBOSS_HOME/server/default/
- Create a sakai dir in JBOSS_HOME/server/default/
- Copy the sakai properties in the sakai directory
- You can found the sakai.properties file in
- Copy de JARs files of the "common, shared and server" directory in JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib
Finally, before to start the server you have to set the environment variable JAVA_OPTS as follows:
export JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms512m -Xmx768m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=196m -XX:NewSize=192m -XX:MaxNewSize=384m"
It sounds very promising. I will try it. Thank you all very much!