3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2008 11:06 AM by peterj

WAR deployment problem

shankha

Hi
      I am new to JBOSS. I develop a simple web application and Try to deploy it in JBOSS.

WAR file is deployed successfully in JBOSS.

But when I try to access it from the I got following exception.
      http://localhost:8080/ecoreinit/StartMiddleware?start=start

18:17:01,296 INFO [STDOUT] 18:17:01,296 ERROR [[StartMiddleware]] Servlet.service() for servlet StartMiddleware threw exception
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/mx/util/MBeanServerLocator
      at com.cts.rfid.middleware.tools.JMXHelper.getMbeanServer(JMXHelper.java:46)
      at com.cts.rfid.middleware.core.MiddlewareBean.init(MiddlewareBean.java:179)

In my war file in the WEB-INF/lib directory I put all the necessary jar files.
      but it is not picking up.

Same type of exception I got for log4j also. But the jar also in WEB-INF/lib and all other custom jars.

How can I use my application specific jars in my WAR application.

/shankha

• 1. Re: WAR deployment problem
          peterj

What jars do you have in web-inf/lib?

One possible solution - remove from web-inf/lib and jars that are already present in server/default/lib. This includes removing log4j.jar.

• 2. Re: WAR deployment problem
            shankha

I have some custom Jar file which I need for my application.

That jars are not present in the server/default/lib.

I also tried it to put all the jars in the server/default/lib directory.

but my application is not able to get that jars.

But same war file i deployed in different app servers where it is working perfectly.

/shankha

• 3. Re: WAR deployment problem
              peterj

The missing class file is located in the server/default/deploy/console-mgr.sar/web-console.war/applet.jar file. You need to include that jar in your web-inf/lib directory.

Actually, because you need this jar, I suspect that your code is not written correctly because you can lookup the MBean Server without using that class.