4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 12:52 PM by mikephoenix

problem with mysql can't find jboss database

I'm trying to port an application that uses JBoss4.01 to my machine from my boss's machine using the the directories my boss gave me for the IntelliJ project and the Jboss installation that goes with it. While trying to run it I found a a JMS problem that looks like it is related to SQL. It is described here http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/IGetXAConnectionFactoryNotBoundHowDoIFixIt

What this wiki entry seems to be telling me is the JMS problem is a result of the SQLexception I am getting, is that correct?

The SQL exception is:
      com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException

I've done a search of the site using "mysql jboss database" and the above SQL message and haven't been able to find anything helpful. Some direction would be appreciated, even if its just a link to helpful documentation.

• 1. Re: problem with mysql can't find jboss database
          peterj

This error means that your MySQL server does not have a database called "jboss". You will have to.create that database (using MySQL tools), and probably create the user and password that will be used for that database.

Here are the mysql statements I usually use to do this:

CREATE DATABASE dddd;
          GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON xxx.* TO 'uuuu'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'pppp' WITH GRANT OPTION;

where dddd is the database name (jboss in your case), uuuu is the user name and pppp is the password. These values must match the values used in the *-ds.xml file that defines the datasource.

• 2. Re: problem with mysql can't find jboss database

Thanks Peter. I guess that I should have a little more specific in that I know that it is telling me that the jboss database wasn't created. I just thought that I might need something special in the way of tables or configuration of the jboss database. Anyhow, i'll try just dreting the database and see what happens.

• 3. Re: problem with mysql can't find jboss database
              peterj

If the database is for the JBossAS services (the DefaultDS data source), the services will create the necessary tables themselves.

If the database is for your app, then it depends on your app.

• 4. Re: problem with mysql can't find jboss database

It's the JBossAS services. I just created it as you suggested and everything is working fine now. Thanks so much for your help.