>
      >

<f:facet name="controls">
      > <h:graphicImage value="../img/close.png" style="cursor:pointer"
      > onclick="Richfaces.hideModalPanel('myPanel')" >
      > <a4j:support event="onclick" action="#{myBean.cancel}"/>
      > </h:graphicImage>
      > </f:facet>

> The panel closes OK, thanks to the plain old javascript call, but the bean action method does not execute. The problem is that the required a4j:support markup never gets rendered on the page, so of course the action bean method can't get called. Is there a problem using the a4j:support with a h:graphicImage JSF component?

I also tried wrapping the h:graphicImage inside an a4j:commandLink component, and using the "action" attribute of the a4j:commandLink, but that did not work, either.

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

• 1. Re: using a4j:support within h:graphicImage
          ilya_shaikovsky

move your closure JS call to oncomplete handler of a4j support ;)

• 2. Re: using a4j:support within h:graphicImage
            jgreene

Thanks for the response. I will try this, but I would not think that the event handler specified would have anything to do with whether the markup gets rendered or not.

• 3. Re: using a4j:support within h:graphicImage
              jgreene

Ok, I tried moving the javascript closure call to the "oncomplete" attribute of the a4j:support. This did not work either. It appears that the a4j:support markup does not get rendered on the page, just like in my original post.

Since I'm trying to do this with the "close" image used in the rich:modalPanel, the image in inside the panel's facet, and is not within the form. Should this make a difference? I've tried including the facet inside the form, and it breaks my panel display.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.