0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2009 3:32 AM by spaluvuri

ha-xa datasource - not working

hi ,

I have been using <ha-xa-datasource> for the oracle failover option in jboss.
      and i have configured my oracle-ds.xml file as follows.
      <ha-xa-datasource>
      <jndi-name>MockedHaXaDS</jndi-name>
      <track-connection-by-tx></track-connection-by-tx>
      <isSameRM-override-value>false</isSameRM-override-value>
      <xa-datasource-class>org.jboss.test.jca.adapter.MockedXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>

<!-- list of connection URLs -->
      <xa-datasource-property name="URL">haXaUrl1|haXaUrl2</xa-datasource-property>

<url-property>URL</url-property>
      <url-delimeter>|</url-delimeter>
      <check-valid-connection-sql>VALUES CURRENT TIMESTAMP</check-valid-connection-sql>
      </ha-xa-datasource>

Now, the ha is happening, i.e when i disconnect one of the datasource , jboss is able to send the request to other database.
      But, i am not getting xa working done. i,e if i insert in to one database, the other database is not inserted with the record. The distributed transaction is not happening.
      In a nut shell, what i need is, i want two datasources to be in high availability mode and they should be in distributed transaction mode, i,e when i do some transaction (insert,update) on one database, it should reflect the same in the other database.
      Can anyone let me know what else do i need to do other than the above configuration file?

Thanks
      Sreenivas