0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2003 10:16 AM by npruett

Problems with exercises 5.1b & 5.2a

npruett

I'm running into problems in Exercises 5.1b and 5.2a in the JBoss 3.2 workbook. Both problems are related to getting the EJB Home, in 5.1b from EJBMetaData, and in 5.2a from EJBObject.

In 5.1b the relevant section of the stack trace is :
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      java.rmi.ServerException: Could not get EJBHome; nested exception is:
      javax.naming.CommunicationException: Can't find SerialContextProvider
      at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.HomeHandleImpl.getEJBHome(HomeHandleImpl.java:95)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.EJBMetaDataImpl.getEJBHome(EJBMetaDataImpl.java:81)
      at com.titan.client.Client_51b.main(Client_51b.java:44)
      Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Can't find SerialContextProvider
      at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.getProvider(SerialContext.java:63)
      at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:120)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.HomeHandleImpl.getEJBHome(HomeHandleImpl.java:90)
      ... 2 more
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The error in 5.2a occurs in the org.jboss.proxy.ejb.GenericEJBInterceptor.getEJBHome() method, but has the same base cause : javax.naming.CommunicationException : Can't find SerialContextProvider

I ran into this error first on my home machine - configuration:
      Windows 98SE
      JDK 1.4.1_02
      J2EE 1.3.1
      JBoss 3.2.0

And my machine at work - configuration:
      Windows 2K
      JDK 1.4.1_01
      J2EE 1.3.1
      JBoss 3.2.0

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
      -Nate