2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2003 9:03 PM by garcia

problem with the first exercise in the workbook

zapa

Hi there ,
      I was trying , step by step , to get the first example in the workbook running on JBoss 3.2.1 with Tomcat 4.1 . Everithing builds fine , untill i try to run the first client and I get this :

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: CabinHomeRemote not bound

Also to be noted that the JBoss terminal shows activity and notifies that the cabin.jar has been deployed .

I have been trying this for the past 2 days . I've searched other sections of this forum and none of the other fixes to the error messages really worked for me .

Can anybody offer any advice ?

thanks

• 1. Re: problem with the first exercise in the workbook
          schschtsk

Hi,

i had the same problem trying to get the examples working.

If you are attempting to run the exersices from the workbook under some version of Linux, try to change the name of directory <...>/workbook/ex04_1/src/resources/meta-inf/<...>
          on
          <...>/workbook/ex04_1/src/resources/META-INF/<...>.

And don't forget to do the same thing for all the other examples in your copy of the workbook :).

Without that action the package titan.jar don't deploy in JBoss properly, even though JBoss terminal window shows some activity about deployment of titan.jar.

After i did that all the exercises in the workbook worked fine.

I don't no about trying to get the examples working under Windows, maybe it isn't principal there (DOS doesn't differ capital letters from small letters).

It's strange to get such a sort of mistake there, because JBoss is free and Linux is free, and it's natural to expect that people use them together. But it looks like the most of users are trying to get the examples working under Windows and therefore get strange sorts of exception while running the examples ;).

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: problem with the first exercise in the workbook
            garcia

hi, if u extract the exercises from the zip file in linux, you don't get that problem.
            cheers Mike.